The Family of David
3 Now these were the sons of David who were born to him in Hebron: The firstborn was Amnon, by Ahinoam the Jezreelitess; the second, [a]Daniel, by Abigail the Carmelitess; 2 the third, Absalom the son of Maacah, the daughter of Talmai, king of Geshur; the fourth, Adonijah the son of Haggith; 3 the fifth, Shephatiah, by Abital; the sixth, Ithream, by his wife Eglah.
4 These six were born to him in Hebron. There he reigned seven years and six months, and in Jerusalem he reigned thirty-three years. 5 And these were born to him in Jerusalem: [b]Shimea, Shobab, Nathan, and Solomon—four by [c]Bathshua the daughter of [d]Ammiel. 6 Also there were Ibhar, [e]Elishama, [f]Eliphelet, 7 Nogah, Nepheg, Japhia, 8 Elishama, [g]Eliada, and Eliphelet—nine in all. 9 These were all the sons of David, besides the sons of the concubines, and Tamar their sister.
The Family of Solomon
10 Solomon’s son was Rehoboam; [h]Abijah was his son, Asa his son, Jehoshaphat his son, 11 [i]Joram his son, [j]Ahaziah his son, [k]Joash his son, 12 Amaziah his son, [l]Azariah his son, Jotham his son, 13 Ahaz his son, Hezekiah his son, Manasseh his son, 14 Amon his son, and Josiah his son. 15 The sons of Josiah were Johanan the firstborn, the second [m]Jehoiakim, the third Zedekiah, and the fourth [n]Shallum. 16 The sons of Jehoiakim were [o]Jeconiah his son and [p]Zedekiah his son.
The Family of Jeconiah
17 And the sons of [q]Jeconiah [r]were Assir, Shealtiel his son, 18 and Malchiram, Pedaiah, Shenazzar, Jecamiah, Hoshama, and Nedabiah. 19 The sons of Pedaiah were Zerubbabel and Shimei. The sons of Zerubbabel were Meshullam, Hananiah, Shelomith their sister, 20 and Hashubah, Ohel, Berechiah, Hasadiah, and Jushab-Hesed—five in all.
21 The sons of Hananiah were Pelatiah and Jeshaiah, the sons of Rephaiah, the sons of Arnan, the sons of Obadiah, and the sons of Shechaniah. 22 The son of Shechaniah was Shemaiah. The sons of Shemaiah were Hattush, Igal, Bariah, Neariah, and Shaphat—six in all. 23 The sons of Neariah were Elioenai, Hezekiah, and Azrikam—three in all. 24 The sons of Elioenai were Hodaviah, Eliashib, Pelaiah, Akkub, Johanan, Delaiah, and Anani—seven in all.
- 1 Chronicles 3:1 Chileab, 2 Sam. 3:3
- 1 Chronicles 3:5 Shammua, 1 Chr. 14:4; 2 Sam. 5:14
- 1 Chronicles 3:5 Bathsheba, 2 Sam. 11:3
- 1 Chronicles 3:5 Eliam, 2 Sam. 11:3
- 1 Chronicles 3:6 Elishua, 1 Chr. 14:5; 2 Sam. 5:15
- 1 Chronicles 3:6 Elpelet, 1 Chr. 14:5
- 1 Chronicles 3:8 Beeliada, 1 Chr. 14:7
- 1 Chronicles 3:10 Abijam, 1 Kin. 15:1
- 1 Chronicles 3:11 Jehoram, 2 Kin. 1:17; 8:16
- 1 Chronicles 3:11 Or Azariah or Jehoahaz
- 1 Chronicles 3:11 Jehoash, 2 Kin. 12:1
- 1 Chronicles 3:12 Uzziah, Is. 6:1
- 1 Chronicles 3:15 Eliakim, 2 Kin. 23:34
- 1 Chronicles 3:15 Jehoahaz, 2 Kin. 23:31
- 1 Chronicles 3:16 Jehoiachin, 2 Kin. 24:8, or Coniah, Jer. 22:24
- 1 Chronicles 3:16 Mattaniah, 2 Kin. 24:17
- 1 Chronicles 3:17 Jehoiachin, 2 Kin. 24:8, or Coniah, Jer. 22:24
- 1 Chronicles 3:17 Or the captive were Shealtiel