The Lord Praised for His Goodness.
111 [a]Praise [b]the Lord!
I will give thanks to the Lord with all my heart,
In the company of the upright and in the assembly.
2 Great are the works of the Lord;
They are [c]studied by all who delight in them.
3 [d]Splendid and majestic is His work,
And His righteousness endures forever.
4 He has caused His [e]wonders [f]to be remembered;
The Lord is gracious and compassionate.
5 He has given [g]food to those who [h]fear Him;
He will remember His covenant forever.
6 He has made known to His people the power of His works,
In giving them the inheritance of the nations.
7 The works of His hands are [i]truth and justice;
All His precepts are trustworthy.
8 They are upheld forever and ever;
They are performed in [j]truth and uprightness.
9 He has sent redemption to His people;
He has [k]ordained His covenant forever;
Holy and [l]awesome is His name.
10 The [m]fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom;
All those who [n]follow His commandments have a good understanding;
His praise endures forever.
- Psalm 111:1 Or Hallelujah! I will
- Psalm 111:1 Heb Yah
- Psalm 111:2 Lit sought out
- Psalm 111:3 Lit Splendor and majesty
- Psalm 111:4 I.e., wonderful acts
- Psalm 111:4 Lit a memorial
- Psalm 111:5 Lit prey
- Psalm 111:5 Or revere
- Psalm 111:7 Or faithfulness
- Psalm 111:8 Or faithfulness
- Psalm 111:9 Lit commanded
- Psalm 111:9 I.e., inspiring reverence
- Psalm 111:10 Or reverence for
- Psalm 111:10 Lit do them